Saturday, October 06, 2012

I refuse to buy a dark colored coat for winter

So many black coats for the winter! As if winter wasn't dark and depressing enough. I can't remember the last time I bought a black winter coat. I just refuse. Years ago the darkest coat I purchased was a forest green wool knee length coat, but that was when I lived in the midwest and a coat like that was necessary. Currently I have a dark brick-colored coat, which is getting a bit old as it was purchased in 2006 (but nevertheless it's a nice coat). I also have a camel colored Tory Burch coat that I purchased either in 2009 or 2010, I can't remember which, for 50% off. It's a beautiful coat and has an exquisite texture. Even at 50% off it was expensive, but has been well worth that expense.

This year a coat caught my eye that is even lighter than I usually prefer. It's Michael by Michael Kors and I saw it in my most recent Victoria's Secret catalogue. It comes in camel and black too, in case winter white is too light for your taste.






No comments: